Is the result of termites crossing a barrier to get into the building
Give wood-eating termites easy-to-find decoy timber (termite monitor) so they don’t have to continue search for timber which could be in your home
As a colony and as individuals, termites can only follow what has been programmed into them for millions of years. Each termite unfailingly follows their caste role; circumstances may differ but their instincts cannot change.
It makes it easier for us to defend our homes once we understand this tyranny of termite instincts.
- Termite scouts are constantly searching for additional food.
- Termites always protect their environment to retain humidity and exclude ants using a ‘mud’ mixture.
- The worker termite’s main job is to find food, return to the termite nest and feed the nymphs and Royalty like an endless conveyor belt. It’s what they do.
Use Their Instincts Against Them
Give them plenty of termite monitors to find in places they go looking
- The open base of the termitraps allows them access to discover the food inside.
- The hole in the termitraps lid they seal to control humidity loss. A sealed hole tells you they’ve arrived.
- By feeding them termite bait which is more palatable, they take it instead of chewed wood back to their nest
When scouts find a termitrap, they ‘report back to base’ and tunneling is commenced to the new food site.
- Once the termitrap is sealed up around the base, they seal up the hole in the lid.
- This is your signal to add the bait!
What You Use
Spread your TermiTraps about 3 metres apart. Extra attention to areas of concern, damp areas and retaining walls
There is no digging. Place them on the garden soil, over the cracks between pavers, over expansion joints against the wall or in sheds, etc.
Check the signal hole in the termite monitor lid as you walk past or at least every 3 months.
How They Die
Colony Killer Termite Bait, a perfect replacement for timber hungry termites
Using Colony Killer Termite Bait is easy too, with ready use no mess pouches, its as simple as adding water
Each bait termite bait pouch is loaded the killing ingredients that termite devour.